This event is conducted by the INDIAN NAVY under the aegis of
The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command, Mumbai
Event Co-ordinated by
The Commodore Commanding Submarines (West)
RULES OF THE COMPETITION OSSC-2016
1. Only one (final) race will be conducted on 17 Nov 16 for all categories.
2. All participants are to be Indian nationals and are required to carry proof of age in original. Children below the age of 14 years will strictly not be permitted since FINA and SFI rules do not permit participation in sea swimming races
3. Briefing for swimmers will be conducted on AM 17 Nov 16 at INWTC. All participants/representatives are required to attend this briefing. A representative can attend the briefing on behalf of more than one participant. All participants are advice to reach the venue well in time. Participants are to report at 0330 hrs on 17 Nov 16 at following address for registration:- INWTC (Sailing Club), Pilot Bunder Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400005. Participants reaching after 0430 hrs will not be permitted.
4. No entry fee will be charged.
5. Parents and Guardians are permitted to accompany participants on the day of the event only till the boarding point.
6. Participants are to provide proof of best two swimming achievements.
7. Entry forms along with indemnity bonds are to be submitted by 04 Nov 16
8. The Co-ordinating Committee will finalise the list of participants. The decision of the Co-ordinating Committee will be final.
9. Medical fitness certificate to be produced at venue prior to the event.
10. Participation certificate will be awarded to all completing the race within two hours of start of race or within one hour of the finishing of the first position holder of that particular category.
11. Accommodation for outstation participants along with one attendant each will be made available at concessional rates. Contestants in the differently abled, ladies, girls and boys will be given priority. Food will be provided for on payment basis. Accommodation being limited, it will be allotted on first come first serve basis.
12. Route for the race will be from Prongs Reef buoy to Naval sailing club (INWTC), a distance of 6 Kms.
13. Total 10 categories for participants are as follows:-
(a) Women - (16 - 50 yrs)
(b) Men - (16-50 yrs)
(c) Girls - (14-16 yrs)
(d) Boys - (14-16 yrs
(e) Veterans Women - (>50 yrs)
(f) Veterans -Men (>50 yrs)
(g) Differently Abled, Deaf & Dumb Women
(h) Differently Abled, Deaf & Dumb Men
(j) Differently Abled, Physically Handicapped Women
(k) Differently Abled, Physically Handicapped Men